So, today is my birthday! Thanks Mom! It is Webb Ellis’ (creator of rugby) birthday as well. In celebration of this most fabulous day I thought I would share some of the other, though less exciting events of today.
1) Origin of Species is published in 1859
2) Joseph Glidden received a patent for barbered wire in 1874.
3) In 1963, Jack Ruby shot Lee Harvey Oswald.
4) In 1977 Greece announced that the tomb of King Phillip II, the father of Alexander the Great, was discovered.
5) Toulouse-Lautrec was born in 1864.
6) Zachary Taylor was also born today, in 1784.
7) Today in 1826, Carlo Collodi, the creator of Pinocchio was born.
8 ) The National Rifle Association was incorporated in 1871.
9) In 1950, the musical Guys and Dolls opened at the 46th Street Theater in NYC.
10) Also born today is Katherine Heigl
Lots of cool people were born today.
Also, I’m thinking that today Noah would have finished his arc and collected all the animals, sans les dinosaurs and unicorns, as on the 25th of November in 2348 BC, scholars believe, was the day of the Great Flood.
Hope you’ve had a great Thanksgiving!